- one winner out of 50-60 potential qualifiers
- big prize: million dollars
- always at Lowes Motor Speedway
- intensity of the drivers wanting to win a million
- driven to win or crash trying
- despite the ever-changing format it will always be 90 laps
- only the winners from season before starting after All-Star race and before this year All-Star race and former race winners are automatically in the All-Star race.
- The winner of the All-Star Open will get final spot in the All-Star race field.
Forget about MLB All-Star and their "home-field" advantage. That doesn't matter any more. NBA All-Star? More of a big show off contest. NFL Pro Bowl? It's a Hawaiian vacation for the players. Also player voting is a giant popularity contest.
In the NASCAR All-Star race every driver and team busted their ass hard to preparing the cars to race. They do anything from finding and exploiting loopholes hoping to get a race advantage. It's wreckers or checkers. Out of all sports NASCAR got their All-Star exhibition right.